Assalamu Alaikum Dear Respected Parents and Teachers of the Qur'anic School at Masjid al-Muslimiin,
I hope you are all doing well. Thank you for your continuing support to keep the Qur'anic School at Masjid al-Muslimiin going for 3 months strong.
As you may know, we have less than a month now before the beginning of Ramadan, so I am writing to you to seek consultation about your opinion on the Qur'anic School regarding Ramadan. Please follow the link below and complete the questionnaire to provide your feedback. Your input is very important and will be heavily considered in our final decision regarding this matter.
Looking forward to hearing from you all!
There will be an Advanced Level Qur'an Class for rulings of Tajweed and memorization.
The class will take place on Friday evenings between Maghrib to Isha prayers.
Please take advantage of it.
Assalamu Alaikum, I hope that all of you enjoy your Spring Break! For this week only, we are offering FREE tutoring in Qur'an/Arabic for any of your children. Over spring break, tutoring sessions will take place every day from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. Please take advantage of this opportunity. May Allah bless you all.
We hope you are all doing well, and we appreciate your continuing support of your children's participation in the new Qur'anic School program. In the following are some issues which we would like to bring to your attention:
1. Regarding the Daylight Savings Time changes: Quranic School class session time may change from this Saturday, March 26. There has been a questionnaire circulating regarding this issue, and the majority of parents want classes to be held from 4:00 - 6:00. If you have not selected your preference, please do so in the link below so we can take your input into consideration: http://goo.gl/forms/53jT7dPBoF
2. Class Tuition for March 2016: Only 28% of students have paid their tuition fees for this month. We would appreciate if you could provide the $25 monthly donation towards the class to keep it running smoothly and successfully. If you cannot manage to make the payment, please let us know so we can find a sponsor to cover your children's fees.
Again, we appreciate your enthusiasm and support in participating in this new program. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or concerns, feel free to let us know how we can be of service.
Is your child in one of these classes? If not, then we encourage you to bring them to the new Qur’anic education program at Masjid al-Muslimiin! Invest in your child to learn the most valuable knowledge to benefit him/her in this life and in the Hereafter.
Please read this form with your child then sign in the bottom and return to the school.
The mission of the school is for the students to master Quran recitation, memorization and Arabic skills to help them understand the book of Allah.
Enrollment and fees
1. Every student will be examined on the first day of joining the school to assess his/her level in reading from the Quran then will be placed in a class according to his/her level.
2. Fees are $25 per month for each student. Voluntary contributions are appreciated. Fees will be waived for families in need.
1. The school will be every Saturday and Wednesday, between 4-6 pm. All the parents will be notified in advance of any changes in the days or time.
2. Consistent attendance is necessary to ensure academic achievement.
Arrival and dismissal
1. Students are expected to arrive on time (5 minutes before the start of the class)
2. The parents are required to sign in / sign out students.
3. The pickup should not be later than 15 minutes after the end of school. The school is not responsible for the welfare of the student after that time, and there will be no supervision.
1. All students and staff of the school are required to dress appropriately according to the Masjid rules. Students who do not follow the dress code may face disciplinary action. For boys above the age of 10 full length pants is required and for girls above the age of 10 hijab is required. Also any clothes that display inappropriate message or images are not allowed.
Rules and regulations:
1. The school is responsible for providing a safe/ clean environment to facilitate the learning process
2. All students will be treated equally. Every student has the right to learn.
3. The school will provide books for the first time to levels 1 and 2. In case of loss or damage a new book will have to be purchased by the parent.
4. Parents should sign homework sheet in the student’s folder that will include any homework and disciplinary notices before the next class.
5. Students may not bring toys or electronic games. These items will be taken away by the teacher and will be returned only to the parent.
6. The use of cell phones and ALL electronic devices are prohibited during school hours except for emergency. Cell phones should be on silent mode.
7. Please notify school administration if student has an attention disorder like ADHD, any learning or physical disability or has medical conditions that may require special attention during school hours.
Discipline at school
1. All students have to follow the rules of the school and act as a responsible person. If a student breaks the rules it is the school responsibility to discipline him/her.
2. A student shall not in any way prevent a teacher or other students from conducting their duties.
3. If a student doesn’t follow the rules, he will get a 5 minute time out and the parent will receive a written notice about the incident in the student’s folder. The third incident, the student will be sent to the office and the school will arrange a meeting with the parent to help improve the school performance.
4. Students should treat school staff with respect at all times and be courteous to fellow students. Students will refrain from damaging any form of school property and keep the school clean. Unacceptable behavior including but not limited to dishonesty, neglect of homework, disruptive behavior, disrespectful behavior towards staff, and bullying will lead to disciplinary action.
5. In severe cases of disruptive behavior students may be expelled from school.
6. The school mreserves the right to change, modify and implement this disciplinary policy. Parents and student will be informed in writing of these changes in advance and are expected to abide by the new changes/policies.
In case of emergency like falling or sickness the school will contact the parents, please make sure the school have valid phone numbers for emergency contact. If the emergency is life threatening the school will call 911.
As you know the school depends mainly on volunteers who give their time to keep the school running efficiently. We ask the parents, if they would be available to do one day of school service every 3 months to help with activities like signing students in and out, supervising students during break time, and helping the young one with Wudu
Our local community will soon be welcoming a group of three male Muslim exchange students from Germany for 3 weeks. The three boys are of ages 15, 16, and 18, and they are coming to experience life and education in America from March 12th - April 1st. We are looking for anyone interested, willing, and able to sponsor these students as host families from the local Muslim community.
The students are participants in a program sponsored by the Adventure Homestays Abroad organization. Host families are only required to provide rooming (i.e. a bed, does not have to be a private room), board, and a loving family environment. There is no liability to the school, district, or host family regarding the exchange student.
Any Muslims in the community willing to host these students, please get in touch with us as soon as possible, or contact the program coordinator:
Your Masjid operates on a tight expense budget. The Income/Expense chart shows that the annual expenses are approximately $65,000. Over the last 5 years the income has been more or less keeping up with the expenses, except for the last year. The deficit for the year 2015 is more than $10,000. In order to keep the Masjid running at the same level, the income needs to catch up with the expenses. We appeal to you to increase your contribution to the general fund as much as you can. May Allah reward you for your help in making the Masjid provide the needs of the community!
Mirza I. Baig